POOL IS CLOSED
We look forward to opening again in
8/21/18 Board Meeting Highlights
The New Board Members were seated (see Contacts)
William (Bill) Burkhardt Appointed to Treasurer
Pool Open and Active and Leak Check Approved
National Night Out Plans Underway for Oct. 2
Pool Pump repairs completed
Sticker Kill and New Sand Discussed for Playground
New Trash Company Hired
Next Dumpster Day August 4
Directors Reports Heard
Legal Laison Appointed for Current Active Proceedings
Law Firm Authorized for 1 Study & Creation of Records
Retention/Open Records Policy per Chapter 209
Startzville Elementary Little Free Library Approved
Oak Wilt Season is Upon us - Stop trimming until June 31 or fines will be issued. Caution in spraying ALL essential emergency cuts within 30 minutes or $500 fines are in place and will be assessed. You MUST acquire a PERMIT for all tree removal or trimming
Full Financial Audit completed with positive report and a few suggested changes in format are implemented.
RealMange Transition in final phase of completion.
Activities in Process
The New Board Members who VOLUNTARILY SERVE our POA are hard at work. We are working very hard for our neighborhood and the progress and excitement are outstanding. Here are just a few highlights:
• The hiring of RealManage to professionally handle dues notices and financial activities for the POA. Letters are going out as they get our full 2,500 properties into their data base and a full understanding of their professional capabilities will be made clear. Stay tuned - awesome abilities and efficiencies for your POA almost ready to go.
• Work is completed with our law firm specializing in POA/HOA business, Roberts Markel Weinberg Butler Hailey, to assure that all our governing documents are in line and up to date with current state law and to assist us in firmly and decisively having tools and fining ability to fully control our deed restrictions especially as they pertain to:
- property compliance and cleaning up trash, abandoned vehicles, and obnoxious junk
- permit requirements for any new construction. As you are aware, construction has increased significantly and if a rock is turned or a tree trimmed/removed prior to a permit being approved we will have the tools to take clear, prompt and decisive action regarding the violation.
• Addressing Oak Wilt - assessments have been done and rules lined out for NO trimming February 1 through June 30 unless absolutely essential and spraying of every pruning wound within 30 minutes of the cut MUST be done and a PERMIT MUST be acquired. Again tools for enforcement are decisive since we have an epicenter that can most easily spread and wipe out our oaks as has happened in Comfort, Boerne, Helotes, and Shavano Park.
Please thank your board members as you see them, help by working with us on the above priorities for improvement of Canyon Lake Hills, and joint us in the progress in every way you can.